- To schedule an appointment by telephone, please call (334) 230-5259.
- Online – please click this link: mcac.cascheduler.com
In order to apply for energy assistance you must bring the following:
- Proof of all household income from previous month. If paid weekly you will need all four check stubs. If you are paid biweekly you will need both check stubs.
- Example: If you are applying for assistance in December you will need November’s proof of income.
- Social Security card of all household members
- Valid picture ID for the person applying for assistance
- If you receive Social Security or SSI bring your letter from the Social Security office for verification
- If you have a person in the household 18 years or older, with zero income, we must have a notarized letter to verify that fact. Notarized forms may be picked up at 1072 Adams Avenue
- Copy of your utility bill. Please note all utility bills must be in Head of Household or Spouse’s name
- If you live in Public Housing, HUD Housing or receive Section 8 you must provide proof of utility allowance either through rent reduction and/or payment. You may print or pick up a utility allowance form from 1072 Adams Avenue prior to your appointment.
- All clients with zero income or income less than housing expenses must provide documents verifying how housing expenses are paid. Documentation from landlord, Mortagage Company or family member is acceptable. Family member verification must be notarized.
If you have an extremely high bill and in need of crisis assistance, you must meet one of the following:
- Households without an infant child under the age of 5 or without an elderly member 60 years or older must provide the following:
- Doctor’s statement
- Households with an infant child age 5 years or less must provide proof of the child’s age with the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Medicaid/Medical Insurance Card
- Households with an elderly member 60 years or older must provide proof of age